Showcase + Exit Trials
The PFA Scotland Showcase and Exit Trial 2017 will take place the week beginning Monday 12th June with the Exit Trial game on the Saturday, 17th June.
As with the past two years, the Showcase will be at Broadwood Stadium for the full week with training in the morning and strength and conditioning sessions and ecucation taking place in the afternoon.
The PFA Scotland Showcase and Exit Trial is an opportunity for out of contract members to showcase their skills and find themselves a new club.
The training camp, based in the NCL Campus at Broadwood thanks to Todd Lumsden and his team, has proved highly successful over the past two years.
In a nutshell:
- Football Training Camp for PFA Scotland members (open training sessions so managers and scouts can watch)
- Different coaches every day – over the past two years they’ve included Mark Wilson, Neil McCann, Jim Goodwin, Jack Ross, Liam Craig and Kevin Cuthbert
- Sports Scientist for Strength and Conditioning sessions
- Exit Trial game at end of the week which is attended by coaches, scouts and clubs from across Scotland
- Educational element with CV writing and interview technique sessions, access to possible employers etc to prepare you for life beyond football
In addition to helping players find new clubs, there is an educational element to the Showcase which is vitally important as it gives players the skills necessary to start thinking about the inevitable life beyond the game.
Even better, the Showcase is FREE to PFA Scotland members and among the players who have benefitted are Iain Davidson (Raith Rovers), Jon Routledge (Dumbarton and now with Welsh side The New Saints), Blair Malcolm, (Ross County 20s), Calvin Cowie (Airdrie), Euan Spark (Dunfermline), Dougie Hill (Brechin), Andy Munro (Forfar).
If you want to sign up for this year’s Showcase please contact Michelle ASAP via email or text/phone me on 07796 171490.
Above are a few of the sponsors/companies who have supported the Showcase over the past two years including TotalTeamWare Ltd (training gear supplier), Football Nation (game strip supplier), NCL (allowing us to use their Broadwood base), Barr Soft Drinks (water supplier), Breathing Space (water bottle supplier).