Job Opportunity: Personal Development Officer
Last updated: 6.20pm, Friday 3rd May 2019
Job Title – Personal Development Officer
Reporting to – Chief Executive
Hours – Full Time
Closing Date for Applications – Wednesday 15th May 2019
Based at our head office in Glasgow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and positive person to join the Professional Footballers Association Scotland (PFAS), the independent Trade Union who protect and promote the interest of all professional footballers in Scotland.
Being a professional footballer can be a precarious occupation giving little security to our members. Assisting our members plan for a second career outside of football has become one of PFAS’ priority areas.
You will be responsible for developing the education, training and personal development programmes for PFAS members. Improving the employability skills of, and opening up employment opportunities for, our members will form a key part of the role. This will also involve sourcing funding opportunities for PFAS itself, and for our members individually.
You will be comfortable speaking to groups of people and able to interact with third parties. You will be capable of working on your own initiative, managing and prioritising a busy work schedule and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and with attention to detail.
You will also possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and have the capacity to work within a small team to sustain within a vibrant organisation. In addition, you will be required to support other staff members in areas such as recruitment, commercial and communications.
This will involve visiting football clubs, both full and part time, to speak to players about the benefits of being a union member in terms of wellbeing support and counselling services, business partner benefits and legal support. Some evening and out of hours work may be required from time to time to speak with our part time members.
• Design, deliver and evaluate employability skills, training and personal development programmes based on the needs of the members.
• Devise individual learning and personal development plans for members.
• Provide education advice and guidance to the members.
• Plan and manage the delivery of all training and education programmes.
• Consider the costs of planned programmes, keeping within budgets.
• Establish links with HE and FE establishments, training providers and recruitment companies.
• Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussion.
• Ensure that funded programme targets, paperwork and compliance requirements are met.
• Amend and revise programmes as necessary to adapt to changes occurring in the football environment.
• Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
• Understand e-learning techniques, and where relevant be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
• Flexible and positive attitude with a confident and approachable manner
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Excellent presentation and relationship building skills
• Organised, efficient, reliable, diligent and able to work to deadlines when necessary.
• Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Packages
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• It will be necessary to have a driving licence and your own car
• Knowledge of the football industry
• Experience in areas of employability skills and training
Please send a CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Interviews will take place between Thursday 23rd and Friday 30th May