PFA Scotland offers assistance to those members recovering from injury and aiming for a high standard of rehabilitation advice.
We therefore offer assisted access to the Sports Medicine Centre at Hampden Stadium. The facilities include individual treatment rooms, a hydrotherapy pool, a fitness and performance laboratory, and fully equipped rehabilitation area with cardiovascular, resistance and free weight equipment.
Advice on how to benefit from this excellent relationship is given below:
PROTOCOL REGARDING ACCESS TO SPORTS MEDICINE CENTRE FACILITIES FOR PFA SCOTLAND MEMBERS
- Members must have paid membership fees for 6 months continuously prior to any application.
- It is the club’s responsibility to provide appropriate medical care therefore only members who are unemployed and unable to train or play due to an injury will be eligible to access any assessment and/or course of treatment under the agreement.
- Members wishing to access treatment must receive authorisation from Chief Executive in the first instance.
- Authorisation by Chief Executive will be sent via email to the Sports Medicine Centre (SMC) prior to any assessment/treatment taking place.
- After an initial assessment of any injury SMC will recommend a course of treatment/rehabilitation which will be sent to both the player and PFAS.
- Subsequent to the agreement of PFAS, the player will then initially be able to access a further 4 treatment/rehabilitation sessions (maximum of 5 in total)
- At this stage another assessment will be made by SMC as to the need for further treatment and this will be discussed with PFAS before any further sessions are arranged.
- At all times any authorisation required and the eligibility players will be at the sole discretion of PFAS.
- Each application will be open to review by the Chief Executive on a case by case basis.
- For further information members should call the Head Office on 0141 582 1301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org